What is Google Meet?
Google Meet is a video conferencing app. It is the business-oriented version of Google's Hangouts platform and is suitable for businesses of all sizes. The solution enables users to make video calls with up to 30 users per high-definition video meeting.
The app allows users to join pre-scheduled meetings from calendar events, choose a link, enter meeting code and even dial in from their phones if the invitation includes a phone number. Google Meet integrates with G Suite versions of Google Calendar and Gmail and shows the complete list of participants and scheduled meetings. It shows a "join" button for users to connect to the meeting and provides options to mute and turn off the video during the meeting.
How to use Google Meet
Tips and Tricks
Level 1: Start and join video meetings
Learn these basics to get started with Google Meet.
1.1 Start a video meeting
Learn the different ways to start a video meeting, from Meet, Gmail on the web, or your phone.
1.2 Join a video meeting
Learn the different ways to join a video meeting, such as from a Calendar invite, meeting link, or conference room.
1.3 Add people to a meeting
Learn the different ways to add people to a video meeting, such as from a Calendar invite, Meet, or a phone.
Level 2: Collaborate in video meetings
Now that you know the basics, learn how to improve the way you collaborate with your team in Meet.
2.1 Customize video meetings
- Change screen layouts in a meeting
- Pin, mute, or remove meeting participants
- Use captions in a video meeting
- Use a phone for audio in a video meeting
2.2 Share resources in a video meeting
- View meeting details and attachments
- Send chat messages to video meeting participants
- Present during a video meeting
2.3 Broadcast video meetings to a larger group
Level 3: Learn productivity tips for Meet
These productivity guides can help you combine G Suite products to work faster and better.
- Plan and hold meetings from anywhere
- Set up your remote workspace
- Hold large remote events
- Use Meet keyboard shortcuts
- 10 G Suite tips to work with remote teams
- 10 G Suite tips for great presentations
- 10 G Suite tips to onboard new team members
- 10 G Suite tips to improve communication
- 10 G Suite tips for brainstorming
- 10 G Suite tips to go paperless